Girls Uninterrupted (Paperback)
Steps for Building Stronger Girls in a Challenging World
Share this book
• Why are girls self-harming and suffering eating disorders in record numbers?
• Why do girls feel they have to be ‘little miss perfects’ who are never allowed to fail?
• Why are girls turning against each other on social media?
• What should we tell girls about how to deal with challenges of every day sexism and violent, misogynistic pornography?
• How can parents, teachers and grandparents inoculate girls so they can push back against the barrage of unhealthy messages bombarding them about what it means to be female?
Whether they are praised for being pretty rather than smart, or accused of being ‘bossy’ rather than leaders, teaching girls how to be comfortable with themselves has never been more challenging.
Laid out in clear simple steps, Girls Uninterrupted shows the practical strategies you need to create a carefree childhood for your daughters and ultimately help build them into the healthy, resilient women they deserve to be.
Tanith Carey is the author of six books, ranging from biography to social history and parenting. She writes opinion and features for a wide range of publications all over the world including the Guardian, the Independent, the Independent on Sunday, the Daily Mail, Grazia, Woman and Woman's Own and the New York Daily News.
For a full biography, please see www.tanithcarey.com.